<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 02, 2003

Fan-fuckin-tastic!



That's what Steven, my hairdresser says I look like. And of course he isn't biased! At least I have got rid of the orange (not orange, dear, he says, just a little brassy). Orange. Serves me right for going back to brown for those waste of time interviews. Made no difference. Brown or blonde, still can't get a job. Telephone interviews seem to go best ..... I wonder if I am missing something here?

Anyway, was quite a boring time with Steven. He normally has such outrageous stories for me (like the time he went to a party in LA in somebodies 'dungeon' and he first tried S&M........ I try to act all cool like I am not the least bit shocked. I wonder why he tells me these things though) and only had one dirty, not even that outrageous joke. Why doesn't a Jewish man go down on his wife? Cos it's too close to the gas chamber. Ok. Fairly outrageous. But for him, it was tame.

Going out tonight - surprise surprise to Fitzies. Well, I am going back to England on Tuesday, so it will be at least 3 weeks before I go again, and we miss Roger who has been away on holiday the last few times we have been. Also, my friend surprised me the other night. She thought I already knew, but apparently she wasn't just hugging Jonas the last time we were there. She was snogging him for ages. And I missed it. And she didn't realise I missed it so was talking about it, then got all embarrassed realising she had to own up to it to me. I laughed! She may have snogged more boys in that bar, but I think, on points, I win in just sheer terms of attractiveness. I mean - Jonas! She joked she has no standards, but I pointed out that she hasn't snogged Timmy. Yet.

Part of me is not looking forward to going home - my parents drive me mad. They don't seem to realise that I am an adult, who doesn't need to be told when to eat, what to have, explain where I am going and with whom and what time will I be back and how will I get home. On the other hand, it is nice to see them (they are my parents after all). And bless his heart - they are driving all the way to London to pick me up because it was $300 cheaper to fly there than Birmingham, and now my mom says my dad will drive me to Northampton for my interview on Thursday. Not sure what dad will have to say about that......

What I am looking forward to most -

         Fish and chips - well, more specifically cod roe and chips. With a scallop. And vinegar. And maybe a pickled onion.
         Sausage sandwich - nuff said on that one.
         Cheese on toast - god, decent cheese and not this tasteless gooey crap.
         Curry - and more curry. And even more curry.
         Cheese and onion crisps - must be Walkers.
         Dry Blackthorn Cider - and plenty of it!

Things I will miss -

         Buffalo wings - with lots of hot sauce.
         Vodka that comes in huge quantities - no measures here in NYC!
         Every third drink free in Fitzies - and kissing all the barmen.
         Decent pizza.
         Sexy Eric.
         Nancy's tales of her summer fizzle - although email will help with that one.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com