<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

If I have to go into another supermarket in the next few days I will not be held responsible for my actions. Americans have 'going postal', well I will coin the UK equivalent - 'going Safeways'.

My parents visits supermarkets on average 3 times a day. I normally average once a fortnight. With trips to the corner shop for emergencies like Pringles. And diet coke. And they refuse to pay full price for anything. And I mean anything. They won't even buy a loaf of bread at 50p, they have to wait for it to be reduced. And not just reduced. But reduced 'enough', whatever that means. And when I wander around and put in the bits and pieces I want, they give me the strangest looks and ask 'How much?'.

Such is my life at the moment. In case you haven't guessed, I am bored.

One good point - my old employers are definitely holding up their end of the bargain to pay for me to move all my furniture back. So that means more money to spend. The high point of my day at the moment is dreaming of going shopping in Manhattan for all the things that will be more expensive over here (jeans, trainers, bras). The big dilemma is - do I buy them in a smaller size? I have lost a lot of weight while in America, and I put it purely down to they don't have Walkers crisps. Well, they do have Walkers crisps in Northampton, so will this gradual reducton continue? Or will it go into reverse? I know what I want it to do, but I feel this may be wishful thinking.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com