<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 13, 2003

How many boxes?


Every time I have bought something new, I have been dead lazy and just thrown the box into the spare room. But with the imminent arrival of furniture, I need to clean it out. And I couldn't believe just how many boxes I had. If you have asked me, I'd have said there were maybe a dozen in there. You know - telly, microwave, video, other bits and pieces. In fact there are around 30 boxes in my spare room. And they take up a lot of room! I have taken about half of them out, but now it's got cold and dark, so it's going to have to wait until tomorrow.

I am going to miss my dear old vacuum cleaner box as bedside table. And sitting in the plastic garden chair while I gaze at the computer screen - well, I have grown attached to it. Or maybe it is attached to me?

Anyway, I have paid out £1500 today to have my furniture delivered. To be fair, the company in America seems to be agreeing with me in principal that I will get this money back, but in practical terms I doubt very much they will try very hard to ensure I get my money back any time soon.

And how come actually having a job and a life means I have much less to write about than when I was out of work and stuck home all day? Maybe it's not really that way, but it just seems it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com