<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 01, 2003

Eye Candy


Well, the long awaited day arrived, and Eye Candy began work. He is so sweet, and so bloody handsome it is sickening! And of course, he knew what I had said about him, but not the whole story about how it all got blown out of proportion without my knowledge, and had not been able to stem the gossip. At least now he can see how it happened - he was asking me questions about the gossip which was referred to in one of the emails we received, and I said I had no idea. We sit so far removed from the rest of the team, that we are pretty much excluded. Like him asking me how often we have to get the teas in and stuff, and I said we never got included - we had to get our own teas.

I am very knackered - normally I can work at my own pace, and spend most of the day either reading stuff, or staring at a computer screen, with me making a concerted effort a couple of times a day to go and talk to the rest of the team. Today I have spent almost all of it talking to Eye Candy, because of course he has loads of questions. So I actually haven't got that much work done, but I also feel like I have achieved a lot. Funny that - it is usually the other way around, when you spend the whole day working bloody hard, yet at the end feel you have achieved bugger all!

Got lunch buddy D coming to dinner tomorrow night, which will be fun. We have very similar tastes in food (Indian, hot, and extra hot) and very similar tastes in music, so it should be fun. Another bloke also might be coming, as we were supposed to be meeting today to discuss what we have planned for the offsite team meeting (aka Christmas Party, but can't call it that as we are having another one and we can't have two) next week. Meeting got put back, because another meeting was late and then ran over, so it might be as well to do it here and get D's input as well. This is only going to work if he likes hot curry. Else he won't like it and will run home crying!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com