<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 20, 2003

The Saturday before Christmas


Gotta love going into town on the last Saturday before Christmas. Actually, it wasn't too bad - I think the fact it was raining most of the day has put people off - I think they have gone to Milton Keynes to the shopping mall so they can stay dry.

I wasn't going to go out, but around 2 o'clock the rain dried up, and the sun was even trying to come out. So I have been into town. It was still a nightmare though, because I have no idea what to get my Dad for Christmas - what on earth do you get a 66 year old man who has been told by the doctor to lay off the booze? I settled for the old faithful - a nice woolly jumper. I also picked up my boots which were being held for me, so now I have yet another pair of boots - I think I have a problem! And that was it. Went into a coffee shop cos I fancied a drink, but it was too late, and they had stopped serving, so I came home.

Feeling a bit of a Billy this weekend, especially compared to the frantic weekend I had last weekend. J is still in America, and Lunch Buddy D has his girlfriend down for the weekend, so didn't want to go out to play last night. So I did what any self-respecting girl would do, and drank me a nice bottle of Aussie white wine. Followed by a hefty glug of chocolate vodka mixed with tia maria. What is worrying is that I didn't have much of a headache this morning at all.

I need to go to Tesco's, but I am going to wait until late (they are open until 10) to try and avoid the manic Christmas shoppers buying everything that is not nailed down (and even buying things that are). Gotta love the Saturday before Christmas.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com