<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Technology


Out of the blue yesterday, my sister decided to come and visit with her family. This is pretty unusual for her - she likes to plan everything months in advance. She has never, ever come and seen me just on spec like that. Not that I am complaining, it was nice to see them.

What was even nicer was that they brought with them several boxes of tricks.

Namely, my old surround sound system which I had given them when I moved to the States, and their old dvd player. So now I can watch my dvd's in the comfort of my armchair, rather than hunched over the computer screen. And boy does it sound good!

Only problem is I now have what feels like several boxes of buttons, with which to control everything. I know I could get one of those 'all-in-one' things, but it's not nearly so exciting is it?

While my brother-in-law sorted all the connections and stuff out, me and my sis and her kids went shopping. To Hobbycraft. And I have never come out of there with spending so little money - it was very disappointing.

On the way back to the car, my sister suggested we go into Matalan - a shop I don't usually go into (I know, I know, a snob). Hmmm. Spent more money in there. Actually, my sis spent the money - we worked out she owed me �70 from all the crafty stuff I had bought her from America, so she bought me the �20 of stuff I bought in Matalan. And no, it wasn't clothes.

I bought a cocktail shaker. A book with cocktail recipes. And 4 white whine glasses, and 4 red wine glasses, made from red glass. Not the purists wine glass by any means, but really rather nice.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com