<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Shitty Day


Been busy at work, not helped with a 3 hour meeting with the Arsehole this morning. Which ran into a 3 and a half hour meeting. And meetings is what he is very good at - getting his face seen by the right people, but am I the only one who can see he has no clue what he is talking about? Someone asks him a question, and he completely flounders, and several times I have to come to his rescue.

Well, it turns out that maybe I am the only one who can see that. A had a meeting this afternoon with the boss-lady. She told A that they are thinking of fast-tracking the Arsehole into management, to be our boss. I am not happy. I need to schedule my own meeting with the boss-lady, to let her know this is not a good idea. He is patronising, condescending, and a complete bullshitter to boot. He knows nothing about credit cards, yet is good at getting his face seen and talking the talk.

A today was going through some of his code, which he has been writing to help her out. She is very sweet and diplomatic, yet even she was amazed at the fundamental mistakes he had made, showing his complete lack of knowledge of the industry. And this was before she was told they are thinking of making him boss.

I have had many a talk with my friend J, because a lot of people in my company have come from another financial company. One guy came over late 2002, and has been bringing several of the staff he used to work with over. One of them is boss-lady. The most recent one is Arsehole. J has often mentioned that the 'Old Boy Network' is working big time, but I have been trying to keep an open mind, not actually seeing any favouritism for these people. Until now.

I know for a fact that one of the people who do the interviews (and they are tough - usually around 7 interviews spread out over a day) was very anti Arsehole. I am not sure why, but I still see now that whenever he needs information from our team, he comes to me and barely even speaks to the Arsehole.

Oh well, off to sort out my CV. Good job I never unsubscribed from all those agencies I subscribed to last summer - I know there are plenty of SAS jobs out there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com