<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 19, 2004

Well duh


When will people stop being surprised that THIS is happening. I mean come on - is it still an offence to be brown and have a beard in America?

I once went on a business trip with my boss when I lived in America to North Carolina. Neither of us was an American citizen. We both had work visas only. Our passports were very obviously not American.

He got stopped going through security on the way back. He had to remove his shoes (before it became obligatory), they thoroughly went through every thing in his luggage, including his laptop.

I just stood by and watched.

My boss? He was from India.

Me? White anglo-saxon.

They stopped him purely for his skin colour.

It still makes my blood boil.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com