<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Mug


I really must have 'MUG' tattooed on my forehead.

All day Thursday at work - and I mean ALL DAY - I worked on The Arsehole's project, because he had a Friday deadline, and he couldn't do it. He actually could not do what he should be able to do, and in the end I took over from him - he had 'meetings' to attend.

This is so annoying - he doesn't have access to the files he needs - his excuse is he hasn't used them until now, but that is no excuse - these files are fundamental to us doing out job, and when he started in December I got it so far for him to get access, then passed the responsibility to him - it is not my job to chase up making sure he has passwords and access to files. And because he doesn't like to code very much, he has basically run away from it. Then, with less than 2 days to provide a list of accounts, he has no access, and no clue how to get to the data even if he had the access. How can he be in the job for 6 months, and not be able to code in SQL? Grrrr.

Anyway, this is a major project, which if the list of accounts was not provided by the end of Friday would have been delayed by a further 3 months due to systems cut-offs and such. So, I did it for him. I wrote the code. I showed him how to make it more efficient. I showed him why his was wrong. For fucks sake - he doesn't even understand the difference between running a job on the Unix box and running it on his pc - and why running it on the pc would take much longer than if he used the data on the Unix box.

I then showed him how to download the data to the pc as a csv file, read it into Access, then use this data in a pivot table in Excel. Now, we are supposed to be analysts. This sort of stuff is basic stuff. Yet he had no clue how to do it.

At the end of the day, he did say thanks, and I said he owed me a drink sometime.

Jump to Friday afternoon - we are joking with other members of the team, and I comment that the boss isn't around. Seems he was on a half day. I joke that I can go home then, seeing as there was no-one in charge. The Arsehole joked that he knew, and he would tell. I laughed, and said no chance, seeing as he owed me. He looked at me blankly. "For What?" he asked.

My jaw hit the floor - and when I said for all the coding I had done for him the previous day he had the fucking cheek to say "Well, that wasn't that much, I had done most of it anyway".

Well. That is the last time I do anything for him. I am just going to be too damn busy next time he needs help.What an arsehole.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com