<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Blinky-Blimey Gav'ner, where's ya titfer?


I am off to the 'Big Smoke' tomorrow. I need my phrase book. All those shandy supping 'savvern paffters', pearly jackets, bags for feeding the birds, tuppence a go.

And it's not like it's really worthwhile.

From my office to the meeting will take between 2 and 2 and a half hours to get there. And we have to fit in lunch, so we are giving ourselves 3 hours. This means we get to work at 9, leave at 11 for a 2 o'clock meeting. Which is actually supposed to be for one hour, but having seen the agenda I think 2 hours will be pushing it.

I still won't get home until nearly 7 o'clock.

What a waste of time - there are better things I could be doing at work.

One good thing is I do get to meet the London based members of my new team, which I haven't done yet. But a long way to go, and a lot of time to do it, just to see someones face.

I think they should equip us all with webcams, and allow us to use Yahoo Messenger at work. That would solve the travel problems, the time problems, and give us all a laugh when some idiot gets caught with his knob out on cam!

But I am scared - what will I have for lunch if I refuse to eat jellied eels?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com