<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Arsehole


Confirmation that The Arsehole is succeeding in his arse-licking quest for self-promotion within the company.

I, however, am failing miserably.

My review yesterday did not go too well. Now, I know I am not perfect (well, not all the time), but things came out yesterday which have never been brought up in any other review at any time during my working life.

Now, I have either had (a) a complete personality transplant, or (b) too much emphasis is being placed on certain things someone has said.

I ended up staying at work until 7.20, arguing, requesting proof of the allegations, downright refusal to accept in some cases what was being said.

Unfortunately, it started to turn into a "Slag The Arsehole off" session at one point - with the boss acting surprised saying she has had no other feedback implying how he can be arrogant, patronising, and is actually incapable of doing the work, but more than capable in taking the glory for others effort. I know for a fact A has given this feedback. Seems what A says is not important.

Which is stupid of me - of course I knew that. I had got feedback from 2 sources, and they both say pretty much the exact same thing. The Arsehole has obviously given feedback contrary to this. The Arsehole's feedback is much more important and obviously true than the other feedback.

I have dug in my heels, and while she is not going to change what she has written (she is off on holiday for 6 weeks, she won't have to deal with all this shit) I have demanded more feedback is sought, and whatever turns up is taken into consideration. Then if it actually is a problem, it should show up from further feedback, otherwise it will show that The Arsehole is just a self-promoting little prick.

Emailed my CV to an agency last night. They are creaming their jeans - had several emails and phone calls regarding jobs available. It's nice to be so marketable.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com