<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Big spender!


I went to Tescos last night. Had to get a few things, not much, supposed to be a cheap shop because I have to do a bigger shop later in the week so I have fresh stuff for the weekend.

Why then, did it cost me so much? I started out so good. Just a few fresh things I needed urgently (onions) and some nice, healthy things on offer (raspberries). I walked past the special offer on Pringles (good girl), bought some low fat yogurt, fresh bread rolls, worked my way to the end of the shop with just the necessities. Then I wanted to get some bottled fizzy water. They didn't have any. Well, they did, but I am not paying top price for the fancy coloured glass bottles - I want the multi-pack Tescos own please.

So, to compensate, I wandered back past the crisp aisle. And, well, I have a friend coming at the weekend, and what is better than sharing a pack of Pringles? Or two? (Better make that one and a half now - let's face it. By the weekend they will be gone!).

Then they had a special offer on those bake your own croissants. The ones that have that great satisfying POP when you open the tube. And, well, I have a friend coming at the weekend, and what better than to share freshly baked croissants?

Then I wandered past the organics section. Who doesn't just love organic cheese? And, well, I have a friend coming at the weekend, and what better than to have some nice cheese and biscuits? And even better is to have a big selection of cheese. Isn't there?

Then I went past the organic meat section. MMMM! Who doesn't LOVE organic bacon. And, well, I have a friend coming at the weekend, and what better than a nice fresh organic bacon sandwich for breakfast (shhh, don't mention the croissants)?

I ended up spending thirty quid!

Good job I avoided the alcohol aisle - I have 2 cases of wine in the flat, but that is unlikely to stop me when I am in that sort of mood!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com