<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Can he get any worse?


Well, The Arsehole has really surpassed himself.

This morning, he comes over to ask me my thoughts on some new product, and what the settings should be for them. This is a product I have not heard about, and told him so. He then tries to make out that I ought to make it my business to know - huh? These settings are now his job, not mine - I moved jobs months ago.

Then I asked some question about another product, which I had had a bit of input into a few months back, where the 80 page marketing document was just full of tripe. Apparently he has been nagging his boss to sign it off "with much pestering". He got very defensive when I asked if he had actually checked the figures, because last time I had looked at them they were wrong. He got very high and mighty about trusting other people - but the real reason is this is a high profile product, and he wants to get on the coat-tails of it, thinking he will look good.

He starts to push further, asking me who was signing it off, and who was involved. He has this way of coming across as so superior when I tell him I don't know - in reality, all I was involved in was setting auths limits, the actual sign off was nothing to do with me. I had checked the document, mentioned the discrepancies to my boss, and to the guy who had written the document. And this was after I was officially moved to another job, but he was 'too busy' to deal with it.

I had passed him all the paper on this project last week, when he made some flippant comment along the lines of "Oh, more auths paperwork for me to just put in the bin". I told him it was up to him what he did with it - the project was his now.

Went for lunch with A and N, and I had a moan about him, and how patronising he is, and how he is still expecting me to do auths work. Apparently he has said to A that I have 'dumped' my project on him, and he is not happy about it. Luckily A has been sat there, and knows exactly how much I have been doing since I supposedly left this stuff behind and moved to a new job.

I get back from lunch, and there is an email from him. It is forwarding a series of emails, and asking me for the sign-off paper, and where were my thoughts on the cash aspect of it.

He could see quite clearly I had not seen any of these previous emails, and just a couple of hours previously I had told him I had had nothing to do with the sign-off.

I think he is now running a bit scared - I have sowed the seed of doubt as to how good the product is, he has started to look at the paperwork and realised it doesn't all add up, and I suspect the boss might have now signed it off after he assured her everything was fine.

AND on top of all this there is a crisis in my new work. A genuine crisis this one, not one engineered by some self-promoting little prick to make him look good. So in between having to answer his questions, deal with his emails, point him at the paperwork he needs to look at (I am not sure if he did actually throw the stuff away - more fool him if he did) I am having to do twice my own work at three times the speed.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com